$18.00 to $20.00 per hour – experience is considered
Come and join an exciting organization that is experiencing exponential growth! Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group (SQBG), is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kwantlen First Nation. SQBG has been in operation since February of 2011.
Due to expansion we are seeking to hire an Occupational First Aid Attendant with OFA 3. The primary role of the OFA 3 attendant onsite is to ensure the well-being of the crews they are working with.
- This is currently a permanent part-time position working 10 hour shifts
- Job currently runs 6 days per week Monday to Saturday; Sunday may be added in the future
- Normal shifts are daytime hours, with the possibility of some evening work and/or overtime
- Shift flexibility is required
- Job location is an industrial site in Maple Ridge, East (Ruskin) BC
- Wage range is $18.00 to $20.00 per hour
- Act as the onsite First Aid Attendant, offering support to any person in need of assistance
- Render onsite first aid and emergency response to inured employees
- Contact Emergency responders such as police, fire, and/or ambulance as required
- Ensure a good working knowledge of site Emergency Response Plans and the role of the first aid attendant in those plans
- Complete accurate and thorough First Aid Records for all injuries attended to and report those to the Supervisor(s) in a timely manner
- Comply with all required Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and Standards
- Other safety and first-aid related duties that fall within the OFA 3 training, as required
- Valid OFA level 3 certification
- Steel toe boots
- Must have own vehicle to access site – no bus access
- Some construction site experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal communication required
- Team player
- Must be punctual and reliable; dependability will be verified through reference checks
- Understands the need for confidentiality and demonstrating professional and courteous conduct at all times
- Must be physically and mentally capable of safely and effectively performing the required duties
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and handle strenuous exercise in an emergency situation
- Able to accurately and clearly express information on required incident and other safety reports
- Basic computer literacy; able to send/receive emails, use word documents and basic spreadsheets if needed
Please be sure you send a current, up-to-date resume that shows complete work history. Cover letter is appreciated. Must state current job and availability for shifts. Thank you.
We welcome all qualified applicants. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall within this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.