Lelem’ Express Richmond (Richmond Cultural Centre)
Calling all Baristas! Do you take pride in delivering Stellar customer service and want to be part of a unique and growing company? Send in your resume and cover letter right away!
This is a Casual/Part-time Barista position. Limited hours to start; must be flexible and available to take extra shifts if called. Hours of operation are 8am to 8pm 7 days per week.
We are looking for dynamic, motivated, and highly responsible Baristas who can work alone/independently at a kiosk location. Our Baristas take pride in welcoming customers with a smile and providing efficient, consistent and informed guest service at the counter. Baristas work efficiently serving hot and cold beverages and prepared food items, completing cash, debit and credit transactions, sharing their knowledge about our quality offerings and Lelem’ brand. All Baristas will be required to undertake opening and closing duties at the kiosk, accounting for the day’s sales, balancing the till, and ensuring the kiosk is ready to open. Lelem’ Express Baristas may also assist in very limited catering support for catering activities in the facility.
Lelem’ Express, located in the Richmond Cultural Centre, is a satellite location of Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Café and a new venture for Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group. Lelem’ Express (Richmond) is owned by the Kwantlen First Nation and operated by its business group, Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group. Our main location, Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Café, overlooks the Bedford Channel in Fort Langley.
- Valid Food Safe certification required – please provide a copy with your application
- Strong preference given to those with specific Barista experience.
- Other Food Service experience considered an asset
- World Host and a second language is an asset
- Demonstrated dependability and commitment to attend assigned shifts is essential
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with Lelem’ Express customers, fellow staff, and management
- Clean, tidy personal presentation necessary as this position works within the customer view
- Knowledge of strategies used to develop a friendly rapport with customers, exhibiting a consistently friendly and courteous demeanor
- Commitment to demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity always
- Time management skills to complete tasks efficiently to the given standard and within the allotted time frame
- Demonstrated ability to operate a POS system and other related technology required
We may require availability for early morning, day, and/or evening shifts. Coverage for illness and vacation time is required. Preference is given to applicants who have flexible/open availability. Please state your availability and restrictions (school, other employment etc.) clearly in your application. Hours of operation are 8am to 8pm 7 days per week.
Wages determined based upon experience and fair market value.
Opportunities for advancement may exist for employees exhibiting commitment, a strong work ethic, desired skills and high standards of guest and food service.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, stating the following REQUIRED information:
- Must state this in the Subject Line of your application: “Barista Lelem’ Express Richmond”
- Must outline specific availability for shifts including days of the weeks and hours. Applicants with a greater range of availability will be given first consideration.
Please note: Only those who provide the above information will be considered for employment at Lelem’ Express. Three recent, local work-related references will be requested from all applicants who are invited for an interview.
We welcome all qualified applicants. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall within this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Seyem’ Qwantlen will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for any open roles.
Thank you for your application! We will respond to all shortlisted applicants – no phone calls please. Due to the volume of applications, only those who supply the requested information will be considered.
We are also accepting applications for Line Cook at Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Cafe (this location), Prep Cook at Lelem’ at the Fort at the Fort Langley National Historic Site and a Barista at Lelem’ Express Richmond.