Wage range: $17 to 19 per hour – Part-Time, Casual
Come join our amazing team! We are looking for experienced, highly-dependable Traffic Control Person(s) who are excited to be part of our new and growing Traffic Control Division. We offer permanent casual, on-call work and a unique, supportive work environment. Our growing, dynamic company also offers other employment and training opportunities for motivated employees who show drive and commitment. A strong preference will be given to applicants who have a desire for long-term, permanent employment with this company. Safety is our top priority so we will ensure all of our TCP applicants are have excellent records of service and valid certification before hiring.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Kwantlen First Nation, the Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group is comprised of several companies. Seyem’ Qwantlen Construction Ltd. has been established to seek construction-related contracting opportunities for the overall benefit of the Kwantlen community. Creating the Traffic Control Division is the next step in providing comprehensive, responsive service to our existing clients and in fueling our overall growth and capacity-building.
All TCP employees will be hired as casual on-call but those who have the most open availability, a flexible schedule, record of dependability and demonstrated work ethic will be given scheduling preference.
- MUST have valid TCP certification prior to applying – no exceptions
- Preference is given to those with one year experience
- Own steel-toe boots
- MUST have independent transportation in order to get to and from work sites.
- Must have cell phone to receive calls and texts from dispatch
- Clear verbal communication necessary for this position. This will be assessed throughout the recruitment process
- Ability to communicate pertinent information using technology/email in a timely manner
- Commitment, follow-through and reliability must be evident in work history
- Demonstrated ability to work as a cooperative member of a diverse team
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job – stand for long periods; walk on uneven surfaces or terrain; hold and maneuver standard control signalling devices; hear verbal warnings or signals; occasionally lift up to 50lbs; work in unpredictable or adverse weather conditions.
- Cultural awareness and understanding is required
Seyem’ Qwantlen will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for any open roles.
Please send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include availability (hours/days). Only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of heritage. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall into this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.