Come and join an exciting organization that is experiencing exponential growth! Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group (SQBG) has been in operation since February of 2011 and has provided security services since August of 2012. Due to expansion, existing contract requirements and the need for vacation and illness coverage we are seeking Casual On-call security guards capable of both stationary and mobile patrol.
***We are looking for guards who can work in Burnaby and Vancouver. We are looking for day and night shifts, 7 days a week.
Our priority is to hire the most dependable, professional guards who can work alone at sites located in the Burnaby and Vancouver. Posts generally range from gate access control and construction site/asset protection.
Our regular shifts are generally 12 hours: mostly graveyard shifts (6pm to 6am) some day shifts (6am to 6pm). Occasional overtime may be required. Please note that new employees MUST be willing to take 4 hour paid training shifts before they are eligible to work full shifts.
*Guards must have their own steel-toe safety boots and provide evidence of this. Guards must also wear and provide own dark/black pants to wear on shift. Company provides other gear.
- Valid BC Security License required
- Very reliable and dedicated – must be evident in work history and verifiable through reference checks
- Physically able to stay awake for 12-hour shifts, either day or night shifts. Sites are monitored to ensure compliance
- Physically able to walk the site perimeter and open heavy gates
- Comfortable working alone at night
- Strong, clear verbal communication skills and English-language proficiency required
- Technology use- must be able to call, email, text message, open documents, and use security and time tracking apps on a company cell phone
- Ability to write clearly (hand-write) information in a daily log when necessary
- Ability to follow instructions and respond appropriately to inquiries from management and the client
- Cultural awareness and understanding considered a valuable asset
- Guards must participate in paid, mandatory job-site specific and company training before deployment
- Security staff must operate in accordance with the standards required by the BC Security Services Act and are required to maintain a daily log and report suspicious activities/ incidents to the designated Work Leader
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please include availability (hours/days) in your application. We look forward to your application!