$13 to $15 per hour – Permanent, Casual on-call pool.
This is a great opportunity for Security work with a growing company!
*MUST be flexible to work in both Mission and Fort Langley. On occasion, an emergency call-out to Burnaby locations may be required.
Vehicle and drivers license required. Some sites also require the use of a vehicle on shift. Our priority is to hire the most dependable, professional guards who can work alone at sites located in the Mission (East Maple Ridge/Ruskin area), Fort Langley sites and Burnaby. Posts generally range from community patrol, gate access control at rural industrial sites; residential road access control; and construction site/asset protection.
Our regular Shifts are generally 12 hours: mostly graveyard shifts (6 pm to 6 am)some day shifts (6 am to 6 pm)Occasional overtime may be required. Please note that new employees MUST be willing to take 4-hour training shifts before they are eligible to work full shifts.
*Guards must have their own steel-toe safety boots and provide evidence of this. Guards must also wear and provide own dark/black pants to wear on shift. The company provides other gear.
- Valid BC Security License required Class 5 Driver’s License
- Must have own vehicle – no public transit access.
- Guards may be required to use their own vehicle for short patrols
- Very reliable and dedicated – must be evident in work history and verifiable through reference checks
- Willing and able to work a variety of shifts on an as-needed basis
- Physically able to stay awake for 12-hour shifts, either day or night shifts. Sites are monitored to ensure compliance
- Physically able to walk the site perimeter and open heavy gates
- Comfortable working alone at night
- Willing to operate a basic gas-powered generator (following training)
- Strong, clear verbal communication skills and English-language proficiency required
- Technology use- must be able to call, email, text message, open documents, and use security and time tracking apps on a company cell phone
- Ability to write clearly (hand-write) information in a daily log when necessary
- Ability to follow instructions and respond appropriately to inquiries from management and the client
- Cultural awareness and understanding considered a valuable asset
- Guards must participate in paid, mandatory job-site specific and company training before deployment. Security staff must operate in accordance with the standards required by the BC Security Services Act and are required to maintain a daily log and report suspicious activities/ incidents to the designated Work Leader.
Seyem’ Qwantlen will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for any open roles.
Please send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include availability (hours/days). Only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of heritage. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall into this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.