Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group (SQBG) is currently searching for an exceptionally reliable, friendly and mature customer-focused person to fill a casual Sales Associate position at our retail store, Sxwimele Boutique and Gifts.
Sxwimele is proudly owned and operated by Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group, an operating subsidiary of Kwantlen First Nation. It features a unique mix of First Nations designed products and Fort Langley memorabilia. The sales associate will strive to provide customers with a memorable customer service experience and assist them in their purchase of artwork, exquisite hand-carved jewelry, apparel, pine needle baskets, traditional blankets, decorative housewares and more. The store features Canadian made products, including items created in our local community.
Sxwimele is open from 10 am to 5 pm seven days per week year-round except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Year’s Day.
- Demonstrated ability to be punctual and exceptionally reliable
- Experience working alone with little or no direct supervision
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail is necessary
- Analytical and problem-solving skills required to work independently through issues
- Must be honest, trustworthy and demonstrate a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills necessary to interact in a positive, respectful manner with customers, Fort visitors of all ages and other Fort/SQBG staff and management
- Ability to communicate verbally demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Knowledge of or interest in First Nation and Fort history
- Awareness of Fort Langley community and surrounding businesses, including Sxwimele
- Reasonably physically fit; able to stand for long periods as well as bend and reach product on low or elevated shelves; duties involve some light lifting
- Able to assist with keeping the store and floors clean
- Professional presentation necessary
Please include availability (hours/days). We look forward to your application! Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome all qualified applicants. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall within this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.