Looking for a responsible, experienced and committed full-time Manager for Lelem’ Express (kiosk location), located in the Richmond Cultural Centre. Hours of operation are 8am to 8pm, 7 days per week.
The Lelem’ Express Richmond Manager will be accountable for additional tasks and responsibilities beyond the role of Barista, and will need to liaise appropriately with Richmond Cultural Centre facilities staff and management, Lelem’ staff and management and others.
This is an exciting new venture for Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group and a satellite location of Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Café. All Lelem’ locations are owned by the Kwantlen First Nation and operated by its business group, Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group. Our main location, Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Café, overlooks the Bedford Channel in Fort Langley.
The Manager will take on a variety of responsible roles and tasks including but not limited to:
- Overall management of the Lelem’ Express Richmond operation, under the direction of the Lelem’ Regional Manager
- Cash outs
- Ordering supplies and ensuring food offerings are replenished
- Training and updating staff – Employee commendations and discipline
- Dealing with Customer Feedback
- Assisting with the coordination Lelem’ catering at the Richmond Cultural Centre
- Strong preference given to those with specific Management experience on a food service capacity. We are ideally looking for someone with 2 years’ experience in this role.
• Other Food Service experience considered an asset
• Valid FoodSafe certification required – please provide a copy with your application
• World Host and a second language is an asset
• Demonstrated dependability and commitment to attend assigned shifts is essential
• Excellent verbal communication skills are essential. Must have the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with Lelem’ Express customers, fellow staff, and management
• Clean, tidy personal presentation necessary as this position works within the customer view
• Knowledge of strategies used to develop a friendly rapport with customers, exhibiting a consistently friendly and courteous demeanor
• Commitment to demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity at all times
• Time management skills to complete tasks efficiently to the given standard and within the allotted time frame
• Demonstrated ability to capably operate a POS system and use MS Office software
Seyem’ Qwantlen will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for any open roles.
Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply. We will respond to all shortlisted applicants.
We welcome and fairly consider ALL qualified applicants who apply. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall within this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.