Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Cafe is seeking a passionate, motivated barista to serve our amazing guests!
This popular, very busy cafe overlooks the Bedford Channel in charming Fort Langley. We are proud of our gorgeous, modern, open-kitchen facility serving high-quality, made-to-order food and baked goods as well as a wide range of hot and cold beverages plus beer and wine. Lelem’ is owned by the Kwantlen First Nation and operated by its progressive and diverse business group, Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group.
Our top-notch team of baristas work prominently at the front of house, welcoming customers with a smile and providing efficient, consistent and informed service at the counter. They are responsible for completing sales and service of food and baked goods, sharing their knowledge about our premium JJ Bean coffee and tea, and offering premium wine, beer and other beverages. Baristas may be required to help out in the back of house area providing other assistance to support the team where needed.
- Strong preference given to those with specific Barista experience
- Customer Service, other food service or catering experience considered an asset
- Dependability and commitment to attend assigned shifts is essential
- Clean, tidy personal presentation
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with fellow staff, management and customers
- Able to develop a friendly, courteous rapport with customers
- Commitment to demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity at all times
- Time management skills
- Ability to operate a POS system and process cash, credit and debit payments
- Non-slip shoes required
Wage: $11.35 – $12.00
Seyem’ Qwantlen will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for any open roles.
Please send an application to email@example.com, please include availability (hours/days). Only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
We welcome all qualified applicants. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall into this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.