Calling all Baristas! Do you take pride in delivering stellar customer service and want to be part of a unique and growing company? Send in your resume and cover letter right away!
This is a Part-time Barista position. Hours of operation are 8 am to 8 pm 7 days per week.
We are looking for dynamic, motivated, and highly responsible Baristas who can work alone/independently at a kiosk location. Our Baristas take pride in welcoming customers with a smile and providing efficient, consistent and informed guest service at the counter. Baristas work efficiently serving hot and cold beverages and prepared food items, completing cash, debit and credit transactions, sharing their knowledge about our quality offerings and Lelem’ brand. All Baristas will be required to undertake opening and closing duties at the kiosk, accounting for the day’s sales, balancing the till, and ensuring the kiosk is ready to open. Lelem’ Express Baristas may also assist in very limited catering support for catering activities in the facility.
Lelem’ Express, located in the Richmond Cultural Centre, is a satellite location of Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Café and a new venture for Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group. Lelem’ Express (Richmond) is owned by the Kwantlen First Nation and operated by its business group, Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group. Our main location, Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Café, overlooks the Bedford Channel in Fort Langley.
- Valid Food Safe certification required
- Strong preference is given to those with specific Barista experience.
- Other Food Service experience considered an asset
- Demonstrated dependability and commitment to attend assigned shifts is essential
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with Lelem’ Express customers, fellow staff, and management
- Clean, tidy personal presentation necessary as this position works within the customer view
- Knowledge of strategies used to develop a friendly rapport with customers, exhibiting a consistently friendly and courteous demeanour
- Commitment to demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity always
- Time management skills to complete tasks efficiently to the given standard and within the allotted time frame
- Demonstrated ability to operate a POS system and other related technology required
- Non-slip shoes are required
Seyem’ Qwantlen will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for any open roles.
Please send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include availability (hours/days). Only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
We welcome all qualified applicants. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall into this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.