Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Cafe in Fort Langley is currently accepting applications for a Culinary Manager to join our growing team!
This popular, very busy cafe overlooks the Bedford Channel in charming Fort Langley. We are proud of our gorgeous, modern, open-kitchen facility serving high-quality, made-to-order food and baked goods as well as a wide range of hot and cold beverages plus beer and wine. Lelem’ is owned by the Kwantlen First Nation and operated by its progressive and diverse business group, Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group.
The Culinary Manager is responsible for the overall operations for the back of house, purchases food and stock, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques.
- Strong preference given to those with specific Management experience in a food service capacity
- Other Management experience will be considered
- Valid FoodSafe certification required – please provide a copy with your application
- World Host and a second language is an asset
- Demonstrated dependability and commitment to attend assigned shifts is essential
- Excellent verbal communication skills are essential. Must have the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with Lelem’ customers, fellow staff, and other management
- Knowledge of strategies used to develop a friendly rapport with customers, exhibiting a consistently friendly and courteous demeanor
- Clear written communication necessary for this position, as should be evident in your application (cover letter/email and resume)
- Ability to communicate pertinent information using technology/email in a timely manner
- Demonstrated commitment, follow-through and reliability must be evident in work history
- Clean, tidy personal presentation necessary as this position works within the customer view
- Commitment to demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity at all times
- Time management skills to complete tasks efficiently to the given standard and within the allotted time frame
- Demonstrated ability to capably operate a POS system and use MS Office software
- Cultural awareness and understanding is required
Seyem’ Qwantlen will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for any open roles.
Please send an application to email@example.com, please include availability (hours/days). Only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
We welcome all qualified applicants. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall into this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.