Calling all Baristas! Do you take pride in delivering stellar customer service and want to be part of a unique and growing company? Send in your resume and cover letter right away!
This is a part-time position, please send your availability for shifts in your application.
We are looking for dynamic, motivated, and highly responsible Barista who can work alone/independently at our concession stand. Our Baristas take pride in welcoming customers with a smile and providing efficient, consistent and informed guest service at the counter. Baristas work efficiently serving hot and cold beverages and prepared food items, completing cash, debit and credit transactions, sharing their knowledge about our quality offerings and Lelem’ brand. All Baristas will be required to undertake opening and closing duties at the concession, accounting for the day’s sales, balancing the till, and ensuring the concession is ready to open. Lelem’ Watermania Baristas may also assist in very limited catering support for catering activities in the facility.
Lelem’ Watermania is a satellite location of Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Café and a new venture for Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group. Lelem’ Watermania (Richmond) is owned by the Kwantlen First Nation and operated by its business group, Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group. Our main location, Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Café, overlooks the Bedford Channel in Fort Langley.
- Valid Food Safe certification required
- Strong preference given to those with specific Barista experience.
- Other Food Service experience considered an asset
- Demonstrated dependability and commitment to attend assigned shifts is essential
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with Lelem’ Express customers, fellow staff, and management
- Clean, tidy personal presentation necessary as this position works within the customer view
- Knowledge of strategies used to develop a friendly rapport with customers, exhibiting a consistently friendly and courteous demeanor
- Commitment to demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity always
- Time management skills to complete tasks efficiently to the given standard and within the allotted time frame
- Demonstrated ability to operate a POS system and other related technology required
- Non-slip shoes are required
Seyem’ Qwantlen will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for any open roles.
Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply. Only those who are short listed will be contacted. Thanks for applying!
We welcome all qualified applicants. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall within this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.