- Are you a committed, hard-working, dependable Baker looking for a new opportunity to join a stellar team?
- Are you a great communicator with a positive attitude, a keen eye for detail in your baked products?
Join us! Apply today and have a chance to develop your skills working Part-time at Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Cafe in Fort Langley.
Lelem’ is a gorgeous, modern, open-kitchen facility serving high quality baked goods, made to order food and a wide range of hot and cold beverages. It is owned by the Kwantlen First Nation and operated by its business group, Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group (SQBG).
Please state availability (days/hours) clearly in your application.
Baking shifts usually begin before the cafe opens. Transit schedules to and from the cafe do not service Fort Langley early morning or late night generally. Independent transportation is likely required for Bakers.
- Well-rounded, friendly, dynamic people wanted to join our team!
- Dependability and demonstrated commitment is essential – references will be contacted
- Independent, self-starter who is mature and resourceful
- Stress and time management skills are needed to work through the baking production schedule
- Attention to detail and high standards for an aesthetically appealing end-product
- Above average verbal and listening communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow explicit instructions
- Willingness to be flexible, respectful and a true team-player
- Past baking experience required, specifically in a similar type of business
- Professional Baker Level 1 training or other specific baking qualifications is ideal
- Previous other restaurant or kitchen experience considered an asset
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity is important
- FoodSafe Level 1; FoodSafe Level 2 is an asset
Please forward your current, updated resume and cover letter specifying:
- Your current employment
- Your availability for shifts (hours and days)
- Your transportation options to the cafe in Fort Langley
Wages are $11 to 15 per hour. Benefits are available to qualified who reach the required minimum hours and have passed the qualifying period. Opportunities for advancement may exist for employees exhibiting commitment, a strong work ethic, desired skills and high standards of guest and food service.
We welcome ALL qualified applicants regardless of heritage. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall within this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Thank you for your interest!