Opportunity for Interviews right away!
Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Cafe is looking for one amazing new team member who is extremely dependable, quality-driven and committed to being an outstanding Line Cook. Preference given to those with open availability and desire to work long-term.
Must be available weekdays (days until 6:00pm), weekends and availability on SUNDAYS is required for this position. Please state your availability at the beginning of your application. As bus service is limited in and out of Fort Langley, especially nights and weekends, this positions is not likely suitable for those who travel by bus.
This popular, very busy cafe overlooks the Bedford Channel in charming Fort Langley. We are proud of our gorgeous, modern, open-kitchen facility serving high-quality, made-to-order food and baked goods as well as a wide range of hot and cold beverages plus beer and wine. Lelem’ is owned by the Kwantlen First Nation and operated by its progressive and diverse business group, Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group. The Lelem’ brand is diversifying and actively opening satellite locations. The Lelem’ brand offers exceptional employees the potential for growth and advancement, through advanced training and promotions.
The Line Cook duties will include assisting the Chef to ensure the successful operation of the kitchen/back of store, prepare and execute a set menu as directed by the management staff and ensure cleanliness in the back of store. Some prep work is required. Must be able to execute quickly and efficiently while maintaining high standards in taste and visual appeal. Catering is becoming an increasingly prominent part of our business therefore the Line Cook may be involved in related planning and execution of some catering.
- Experience in a high-volume Line Cook position
- Food Safe required; Serving it Right certificate considered an asset
- Culinary training considered an asset
- Demonstrated dependability and commitment
- Clean, tidy personal presentation necessary in our open kitchen
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills as well as stress and time management skills
- Commitment to demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity at all times
- Excellent references required
Wages determined based upon experience and fair market value. Opportunities for advancement may exist for employees exhibiting commitment, a strong work ethic, desired skills and high standards of guest and food service. Benefits can be available to employees who meet the minimum hours after a qualifying period.
Please send a current, updated resume and cover letter specifying:
- Your current employment
- Availability for shifts (hours and days of the week including Sundays)
- How you travel to work (bus service to Fort Langley can be limited)
We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of heritage. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall within this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.
We are also accepting applications for the following:
- Barista at Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Café
- Prep Cook (with some baking and FOH) at Lelem’ at the Fort
- Barista at Lelem’ Express Richmond
Check out www.facebook.com/lelemcafe – Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Cafe
Seyem’ Qwantlen will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for any open roles.
Thanks so much for your interest!