Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Café
Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Cafe is seeking an experienced, passionate, motivated Barista to serve our amazing guests.
Must be very dependable.
Availability for evenings (closing) and weekends including SUNDAYS is required. Preference given to those with open availability and willingness to work long-term. As bus service in and out of Fort Langley is very limited, this position may not work for those who take the bus to/from work.
This popular, very busy cafe overlooks the Bedford Channel in charming Fort Langley. We are proud of our gorgeous, modern, open-kitchen facility serving high-quality, made-to-order food and baked goods as well as a wide range of hot and cold beverages plus beer and wine. Lelem’ is owned by the Kwantlen First Nation and operated by its progressive and diverse business group, Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group.
Our top-notch team of Baristas work prominently at the front of house, welcoming customers with a smile and providing efficient, consistent and informed service at the counter. They are responsible for completing sales and service of food and baked goods, sharing their knowledge about our premium JJ Bean coffee and tea, and offering premium wine, beer and other beverages. Occasionally Baristas may be required to help in the back of house area providing other assistance to support the team where needed. In-house and off-site catering is becoming an increasingly prominent part of our business therefore Baristas may be involved in related service activities.
- Strong preference given to those with specific Barista experience. Customer Service, other food service or catering experience considered an asset.
- Valid Food Safe certification, Serving it Right, and/or World Host are desired
- Dependability and commitment to attend assigned shifts is essential
- Clean, tidy personal presentation
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with fellow staff, management and customers
- Able to develop a friendly, courteous rapport with customers
- Commitment to demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity always
- Time management skills
- Ability to operate a POS system
Excellent employment references required. Opportunities for advancement may exist for employees exhibiting commitment, a strong work ethic, desired skills and high standards of guest and food service.
Please send a current, updated resume and cover letter specifying:
- Position you are applying for in the subject line (Barista)
- Your current employment
- Availability for shifts – including specific days of the weeks and hours.
- How you would travel to and from work
We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of heritage. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall within this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Thank you for your application! We will respond to all shortlisted applicants – no phone calls please. Due to the volume of applications, only those who supply the requested information will be considered.
We are also accepting applications for Line Cook at Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Cafe (this location), Prep Cook at Lelem’ at the Fort at the Fort Langley National Historic Site and a Barista at Lelem’ Express Richmond.