Salary: $17.00 to $23.00 /hour
We are seeking experienced, highly-dependable Traffic Control Person(s) who are interested in casual, on-call opportunities with our Traffic Control Division.
Seyem’ Qwantlen Construction is operated by the Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group; a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Kwantlen First Nation. Our Traffic Control Division is poised for expansion, and we are looking for motivated employees who are interested in growing with us.
About the Job
As a Traffic Control Person, you will be counted on to ensure the safety of those who work in, or travel through, your assigned work zone. As this is a casual, on-call opportunity you must be flexible to work with minimal notice, and be available to work both day and evening shifts. Our service areas typically range from New Westminster to Mission so it is important that you have reliable transportation to get to and from work sites/meeting points.
You currently hold a valid TCP certificate and, ideally, have at least six months’ experience. Your confidence is as important as your patience – bonus points if you have a good sense of humour. Of course you enjoy working outside – no matter the weather – and are able to stand for long periods of time while remaining alert to your surroundings.
A few other things:
- Clear verbal communication is necessary for this position
- Commitment, follow-through and reliability must be evident in your work history
- You have a demonstrated ability to work as a cooperative member of a diverse team
- You are able to meet the physical demands of the job – walking on uneven surfaces or terrain; holding and maneuvering standard control signaling devices; hearing verbal warnings or signals; occasionally lifting up to 50lbs
- You must have a mobile phone to receive calls and texts from dispatch
- You also own a pair of steel-toed boots (your safety is important to us!).
How to Apply
Email your resume to the attention of Human Resources. A cover letter is appreciated, but not required. We commit to reviewing all applications; however, only those who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in working with our team!
We welcome ALL qualified applicants, regardless of heritage. Preference maybe given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall within this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.