Hiring Now! Looking for licensed Security Guards to join a growing company!
Shxw’ōwhámél First Nation requires the services of a Lands Assistant to work under the supervision of the Band Administrator. Continue Reading…
- Are you a committed, hard-working, dependable Baker looking for a new opportunity to join a stellar team?
- Are you a great communicator with a positive attitude, a keen eye for detail in your baked products?
Join us! Apply today and have a chance to develop your skills working Part-time at Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Cafe in Fort Langley.
Lelem’ is a gorgeous, modern, open-kitchen facility serving high quality baked goods, made to order food and a wide range of hot and cold beverages. It is owned by the Kwantlen First Nation and operated by its business group, Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group (SQBG).
Please state availability (days/hours) clearly in your application.
Baking shifts usually begin before the cafe opens. Transit schedules to and from the cafe do not service Fort Langley early morning or late night generally. Independent transportation is likely required for Bakers.
- Well-rounded, friendly, dynamic people wanted to join our team!
- Dependability and demonstrated commitment is essential – references will be contacted
- Independent, self-starter who is mature and resourceful
- Stress and time management skills are needed to work through the baking production schedule
- Attention to detail and high standards for an aesthetically appealing end-product
- Above average verbal and listening communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow explicit instructions
- Willingness to be flexible, respectful and a true team-player
- Past baking experience required, specifically in a similar type of business
- Professional Baker Level 1 training or other specific baking qualifications is ideal
- Previous other restaurant or kitchen experience considered an asset
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity is important
- FoodSafe Level 1; FoodSafe Level 2 is an asset
Please forward your current, updated resume and cover letter specifying:
- Your current employment
- Your availability for shifts (hours and days)
- Your transportation options to the cafe in Fort Langley
Wages are $11 to 15 per hour. Benefits are available to qualified who reach the required minimum hours and have passed the qualifying period. Opportunities for advancement may exist for employees exhibiting commitment, a strong work ethic, desired skills and high standards of guest and food service.
We welcome ALL qualified applicants regardless of heritage. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall within this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Thank you for your interest!
Lelem’ Express Richmond (Richmond Cultural Centre)
Calling all Baristas! Do you take pride in delivering Stellar customer service and want to be part of a unique and growing company? Send in your resume and cover letter right away!
This is a Casual/Part-time Barista position. Limited hours to start; must be flexible and available to take extra shifts if called. Hours of operation are 8am to 8pm 7 days per week.
We are looking for dynamic, motivated, and highly responsible Baristas who can work alone/independently at a kiosk location. Our Baristas take pride in welcoming customers with a smile and providing efficient, consistent and informed guest service at the counter. Baristas work efficiently serving hot and cold beverages and prepared food items, completing cash, debit and credit transactions, sharing their knowledge about our quality offerings and Lelem’ brand. All Baristas will be required to undertake opening and closing duties at the kiosk, accounting for the day’s sales, balancing the till, and ensuring the kiosk is ready to open. Lelem’ Express Baristas may also assist in very limited catering support for catering activities in the facility.
Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Café
Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Cafe is seeking an experienced, passionate, motivated Barista to serve our amazing guests.
Must be very dependable.
Availability for evenings (closing) and weekends including SUNDAYS is required. Preference given to those with open availability and willingness to work long-term. As bus service in and out of Fort Langley is very limited, this position may not work for those who take the bus to/from work.
Opportunity for Interviews right away!
Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Cafe is looking for one amazing new team member who is extremely dependable, quality-driven and committed to being an outstanding Line Cook. Preference given to those with open availability and desire to work long-term.
Must be available weekdays (days until 6:00pm), weekends and availability on SUNDAYS is required for this position. Please state your availability at the beginning of your application. As bus service is limited in and out of Fort Langley, especially nights and weekends, this positions is not likely suitable for those who travel by bus.
This popular, very busy cafe overlooks the Bedford Channel in charming Fort Langley. We are proud of our gorgeous, modern, open-kitchen facility serving high-quality, made-to-order food and baked goods as well as a wide range of hot and cold beverages plus beer and wine. Lelem’ is owned by the Kwantlen First Nation and operated by its progressive and diverse business group, Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group. The Lelem’ brand is diversifying and actively opening satellite locations. The Lelem’ brand offers exceptional employees the potential for growth and advancement, through advanced training and promotions.
The Line Cook duties will include assisting the Chef to ensure the successful operation of the kitchen/back of store, prepare and execute a set menu as directed by the management staff and ensure cleanliness in the back of store. Some prep work is required. Must be able to execute quickly and efficiently while maintaining high standards in taste and visual appeal. Catering is becoming an increasingly prominent part of our business therefore the Line Cook may be involved in related planning and execution of some catering.
- Experience in a high-volume Line Cook position
- Food Safe required; Serving it Right certificate considered an asset
- Culinary training considered an asset
- Demonstrated dependability and commitment
- Clean, tidy personal presentation necessary in our open kitchen
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills as well as stress and time management skills
- Commitment to demonstrating cultural awareness and sensitivity at all times
- Excellent references required
Wages determined based upon experience and fair market value. Opportunities for advancement may exist for employees exhibiting commitment, a strong work ethic, desired skills and high standards of guest and food service. Benefits can be available to employees who meet the minimum hours after a qualifying period.
Please send a current, updated resume and cover letter specifying:
- Your current employment
- Availability for shifts (hours and days of the week including Sundays)
- How you travel to work (bus service to Fort Langley can be limited)
We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of heritage. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall within this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.
We are also accepting applications for the following:
- Barista at Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Café
- Prep Cook (with some baking and FOH) at Lelem’ at the Fort
- Barista at Lelem’ Express Richmond
Check out www.facebook.com/lelemcafe – Lelem’ Arts and Cultural Cafe
Seyem’ Qwantlen will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for any open roles.
Thanks so much for your interest!
$18.00 to $20.00 per hour – experience is considered
Come and join an exciting organization that is experiencing exponential growth! Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group (SQBG), is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kwantlen First Nation. SQBG has been in operation since February of 2011.
Due to expansion we are seeking to hire an Occupational First Aid Attendant with OFA 3. The primary role of the OFA 3 attendant onsite is to ensure the well-being of the crews they are working with.