Employment type: Temporary position; full-time duties this is a live-out role (Do NOT live on site)
Length of work term: mid-July (asap) to mid-October 2017
Number of positions: 1 Campground Assistant
Location: Mission, B.C. in the Stave West Forest & Recreation Area
Wage: $12.25 to $15.00 per hour
Enjoy each day in the Great Outdoors!
With three (3) new campgrounds opening in the Stave West area of Mission BC, Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group (SQBG) is currently accepting applications for the position of Campground Assistant (Camp Host Relief).
This is a live-out position, for approximately 4 months in duration (mid-July to mid-October) and has the potential to be renewed. The Campground Assistant will travel in their own vehicle daily to the Stave West area. As there is poor or no cellular phone service, a radio will be provided.
This role provides daytime relief for each of the the 3 (or 4) Camp Hosts while they head into town for the day. The Campground Assistant is expected to be available to attend to issues at the site, check campers in and out, and perform cleaning and maintenance at the site during the Camp Host’s absence. The start date is flexible although we must employ a Campground Assistant as soon as possible.
This is a unique opportunity to live and work in the gorgeous Stave West interpretive forest that boasts a range of outdoor recreation and learning experiences for visitors. One of the Campground Assistant’s (in a Camp Host relief position) main roles is to serve campground guest, balancing helpful customer service with effective enforcement of campground rules. The position is responsible for the cleaning, and upkeep of park facilities including outhouses, campsites and other common areas. They are required to perform maintenance activities in the campground which may include campsite clean-up, debris and garbage removal, janitorial services, firewood sales and other tasks as needed.
- Full-time commitment required; Commit to working the full summer
- Willingness to work all days of the week including possibly Saturday/Sunday/holidays – schedule to be determined; willing to work irregular hours when needed
- Excellent physical condition, capable of walking considerable distances, using a variety of hand tools including shovel and be prepared to work in a variety of outdoor environments, in all weather conditions.
- Have an unrestricted Class 5 driver’s license (Class 7 considered); excellent driving record
- Must have use of own vehicle – reliable, independent transportation to get to the Stave region. *Company truck is available to the Campground Assistant for transportation between campsites and while working on the campground site
- Excellent physical condition, capable of walking considerable distances and be prepared to work in a variety of outdoor environments, in all weather conditions
- Able to use a variety of hand tools including shovel
- Ability to process debit/credit transactions for various transactions at the campsite
- Basic computer skills in order to use the online reservation system
- “People skills”; able to provide first-rate customer service to campground guests
- Excellent verbal and listening communication; willing to answer questions and provide information to the visiting public; provide traditional knowledge of the area
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Able to create and follow efficient work plans and meet timeline targets
- Be honest, trustworthy, respectful, flexible and demonstrate good work ethic
- Awareness of wildlife safety
- Able to demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity
- We want to find a Campground Assistant that will demonstrate an interest in First Nation History and Traditional Ecological Knowledge in the area
The following qualifications are desired, but not required:
- BC Security Guard license
Other Related Job Posting: Campground HOST
Location: Mission BC in the Stave West Forest & Recreation Area
We welcome all qualified applicants. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall within this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.
We are hiring immediately! All applications for the Campground Assistant position must include BOTH resume and cover/introduction message.
To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or in person:
Human Resources Department
Seyem’ Qwantlen Business Group
23684 Gabriel Lane
Fort Langley, BC